Course Syllabus for SDMS CME Credits
Description of Course:
The Registry Review courses have been modeled after the current ARDMS® exam content outlines to assist you in your registry preparation. The courses provide a simplified breakdown of the necessary materials for preparing for the ARDMS® exam, which includes detailed information with superior quality images. The course is also helpful for experienced Sonographers to perform a comprehensive review of information related to their specialty.
Each review course is segmented into smaller sections of information to assist in studying specific areas and in locating the information you would like to review. The outline format provides the key points and facts in an easy to read format. The over 1000 digital images available can be enlarged for a more detailed review with just a click.
Course Sections include: General Information, Anatomy and Physiology, Breast Imaging, Benign Abnormalities, Malignant Abnormalities and Invasive Procedures/Treatment. The course materials are also an excellent resource for seasoned Sonographers to brush up on current topics in the field.
Goals for the Course:
- To assist Sonographers in obtaining their ARDMS® certification.
- To provide a complete review of the necessary information a Sonographer should have mastered in order to obtain and maintain their Breast certification.
- To provide Sonographers with a review course that can be easily revised as the field changes.
- To provide experienced Sonographers with a comprehensive review of the current information in their field of practice for continuing their Sonography education.
Upon completion of the course, the Sonographer should be able to:
- Identify and describe normal breast anatomy and function related to patient age
- Describe the characteristics of a breast ultrasound machine and how to adjust machine settings to optimize an exam
- Describe how mammography is performed and how to correlate the results with a breast ultrasound exam
- Define other breast imaging techniques such as MRI, PET and Nuclear Medicine applications
- List and describe benign abnormalities of the breast as seen on the ultrasound exam
- List and describe malignant abnormalities of the breast as seen on the ultrasound exam
- Describe several different invasive procedures and treatments related to the breast pathology
No accompanying text or required readings. Material can be referenced in the numerous resources listed on the attached Bibliography pages.
See Attached Bibliography
Requirements for Achieving CME Credit:
Participants will receive 7 CME credits for reviewing all pages of the activity, completing the post test with a score of 70% or greater and submitting the Course Evaluation questions. Certificates will be emailed to the participant within 3-5 business days after documentation has been received.
ARDMS® is a registered trademark of the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography and is not associated with this site.